If you often find yourself re-inventing the wheel or scrambling to copy worksheets whenever a student goes on vacation, this is the product for you! It can be hard to provide students with exactly the work they’ll miss while they are gone, especially if you are a teacher who integrates technology into your instruction. You can’t after all, send along your Smartboard!
What you can do is provide your students with meaningful work where they can still enjoy their trip, but at the same time, practice their reflective writing skills. The booklet itself then becomes a souvenir for the child upon their return. It’s a win-win for everyone!
As sold, this is an 9-page travel journal for students to complete while they are away. The journal page itself is to be copied in accordance with the number of days the child will be absent.
This product includes:
• two title pages to choose from
• two pages where students will draw a variety of special events/scenes from their trip
• a “Just the Facts” page to talk about some of the basic trip details
• a daily journal page (two days per page)
• a “full sentence response-required” page of questions around the trip
• a postcard writing page
• a word search using trip/vacation related vocabulary
• a Venn Diagram activity where students compare their home to where they are staying
To complete this journal, students will want to pack, a pencil, eraser, markers or pencil crayons.
The preview is the best description of this product, please be sure to take a look at it as it shows all the items that are included.
Thanks so much for visiting my store. If there is anything I can do to make this product better suit your needs, please don’t hesitate to ask, sometimes all it takes is a little tweak here and there to make a product perfect for your classroom.