This is a review packet made to review the following parts of speech: nouns, verbs, adjectives, and pronouns.
It can be used in a large group, small group, mini-lesson, review lesson, guided reading group, independent, seat-work, assessment, or center settings.
This packet includes the following:
• Posters, 1 each for: nouns, verbs, adjectives, and pronouns
• 4 sorting card headers: noun, verbs, adjectives, and pronouns
• 6 word sorting cards for each part of speech (24 total cards)
• Recording sheets to be used with the sorts, 3 options dependent on student needs or teacher requirements
• 4 worksheets to “Color the part of speech”- each one designated to review and focus on either nouns, verbs, adjectives, or pronouns
• 5 Review/assessment sheets to be used as explicit tools for testing students knowledge of the topics: nouns, verbs, adjectives, and pronouns; the final review sheet is comprehensive of the 4 parts of speech and comes with an answer sheet
• 4 Cut and paste worksheets- each one designated to review and focus on either nouns, verbs, adjectives, or pronouns
• 5 game boards**, all similar in appearance but each focusing on a different objective for the students:
o Identify an example of the given part of speech
o Identify the part of speech of the given word
o Use the given word in a sentence
o Describe the given noun using adjectives
o Use the given pronoun in a sentence
**All game boards will require a dice and game pieces for players
Note: The words used in this packet: include a variety of difficulties and essential phonetic skills including: blends, two-letter digraphs, short and long vowels sounds, silent e, adjacent vowels, soft and hard C and G sounds, bossy R, pig pens, and the 5 rules of Y. I included them all so that you can differentiate the activities to fit your students and classroom needs.
Contact me through my TPT shop if you have any concerns, questions, or suggestions.