Products in this Bundle (3)
UPDATED! Your middle school students will have a blast using similes to write Valentines to their favorite people or other things they love: TikTok, VSCO girls, Video Games, Netflix, Weekends, Summers, and their Beds! This easy-to-implement 4 day lesson plan focuses on Similes and Irony and includes everything from Brainstorm to Rubric. Now offered in PRINT & GO, and an EDITABLE, DIGITAL version so your students can complete these lessons electronically.
This Product Includes:
- The Big Picture question, Essential Questions and CCSS
- Notes to the Teacher detailing what to do on each of the 4 days of the mini-unit
- Handouts include: Creating Similes, Brainstorm, Requirements, Drafting, and Ironic Smiles
- Peer-Conference Sheet
- Grading Rubric on a 4 point scale that you can align to your grading policy
- Decorated Stationary for students to write their final Valentines
- a PDF PRINT & GO version with a link to an EDITABLE, DIGITAL version
After your students have conquered Similes, they can move onto the METAPHORS activity. You can teach it as a stand-alone activity or as a launch for a Poetry Unit or Unit on Figurative Language. Activity allows for student choice while enabling them to work at their own pace. Always a BIG hit!
This Product Also Includes:
- 2 page worksheet for the students to write their answers
- 2 page worksheet for the teacher to use with sample responses
- 28 Task Cards (7 color copies with 4 cards on each page)
- a black and white, ink-friendly option as well
If you're looking for activities that appeals to all of your students, this set of THREE NO-PREP activities are for you. Regardless of the genre, all students love MUSIC. This activity has students searching through the lyrics of their favorite songs looking for lines that deal with some aspect of LOVE: falling in love, being happily in love, lost love, unrequited love, obsessive love, yearning for love, etc… The finished Valentines make for an eye-opening bulletin board.
This NO-PREP resource includes:
- Notes to the Teacher with detailed directions and examples to share with your students.
- 2 Valentine envelopes for the longer lines of music
- 2 heart-shaped Valentines for the shorter quotes
- 4 examples from the band Queen reflecting a variety of themes in love songs
- The Search for Love worksheet
- Love Song Lyrics worksheet
Not ready for Valentine's Day just yet? Try my 4 day mini-unit on writing a Winter Poem:
FOLLOW ME and I'll alert you about new products which are 50% off for the first 24 hours!
As always, please contact me with any questions, or if you are looking for a particular product.
Thank you kindly,