I created this Valentine's Day themed activity for my students working on basic social and conversational skills. The kit contains 72 conversation starter cards with topics that are intended to spark a conversation, and are appropriate for use to work on pragmatics, basic conversational skills, ESL, language building, and generalization of articulation goals in Speech therapy. Unlike the other conversation starter cards that are available in my store, these ones are in a game format to keep kids motivated.
CONTENTS (all PDF):
• 72 conversation starter cards
• 9 blank cards to add your own conversation topics
• 1 score sheet to keep track of heart points
1. Cut out and laminate the conversation heart cards.
2. Give a copy of the score tracking sheet to each student.
3. Shuffle the conversation starter cards and place pile face down.
4. On their turn, student picks a card and answers the question (or reads the question to a peer, who then answers).
5. Each conversation starter card has a number of heart pictures on it – this is how many points the card is worth.
6. After a person answers the question, s/he colors (or stamps, or puts an X, etc.) in the corresponding number of hearts on their score sheet.
7. Whoever gets the most hearts or fills their score sheet first is the winner.
If you like this product, please let me know by leaving a positive review. If there is something wrong or you feel that improvements are warranted, please send me a message so that I can make changes and post an updated product.
Thanks for your support!