Take the Valentine Heart Challenge! This activity is designed to be used with real valentine "conversation heart" candies! You can choose to use the black and white version and have the kids color in the hearts instead of using real candy.
I developed this activity for use in my speech room with my articulation groups. You can easily adapt this activity to focus on math facts, sight words, or pretty much anything!
• Cover/ instruction sheet
• Color Valentine Heart Challenge
• Black and White version of the Challenge
• "I took the challenge" slips of paper that explain why the child has a bag of 100 candies at the end of the session.
Here is how it works:
(1) Challenge your students to say their target speech sound 100 TIMES in one session.
(2) Give each student a copy of the Valentine Heart Challenge.
(3) Place a bowl of candies in the middle of the table.
(4) Each time a student says an accurate production of their speech sound, they get a candy to place over one of the candy pictures on their sheet.
(5) Their goal is to have 100 accurate productions.
(6) At the end of the session, pass out plastic ziplock bags and the students dump their earned candy into the bag and take it home with them as a treat! Don't forget to send it with the included slip of paper to explain the candy!
You will also love my Candy Heart Speech Craft (No Prep)
and Valentown Speech & Language (No Prep)
Want more freebies and ideas for the classroom? Follow @thepeachiespeechie on Instagram! And check out peachiespeechie.com!