Take the Valentine Heart Challenge by Meredith Avren, M.Ed., CCC-SLP (aka the Peachie Speechie !). This activity is designed to be used with real valentine "conversation heart" candies! (You can choose to use the black and white version and have the kids color in the hearts instead of using real candy if you want).
I developed this activity for use in my speech room with my articulation groups. You can easily adapt this activity to focus on math facts, sight words, or pretty much anything!
1 - Instruction sheet
2 - Color Valentine Heart Challenge sheet with 100 little candy pictures on it
3 - Black and White version of the Challenge sheet
4 - "I took the challenge" slips of paper that explain why the child has a bag of 100 candies at the end of the session
Here is how it works:
(1) I challenge my students to say their target speech sound 100 TIMES in one session.
(2) I give each student a copy of the Valentine Heart Challenge sheet
(3) I place a bowl of candies in the middle of the table
(4) Each time a student says an accurate production of their speech sound, they get a candy to place over one of the candy pictures on their sheet
(5) Their goal is to have 100 accurate productions
(6) At the end of the session, I pass out plastic ziplock bags and the students dump their earned candy into the bag and take it home with them as a treat!
I hope you enjoy this sweet freebie! Please pretty please leave feedback if you like it!
Want more freebies and ideas for the classroom? Follow me on instagram: @thepeachiespeechie or check out my blog: www.PeachieSpeechie.com or "like" my Peachie Speechie facebook page!