PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource pairs with FUNdations Level 1 Unit 7, which covers the glued sounds: ing, ang, ong, ung, ink, unk, ank, onk. It is a fun and engaging way to practice these phonics patterns while enjoying the Valentine's season!
Each card is a heart containing one word with the above glued sounds. Print and laminate for durability!
These cards can be used in many ways, including the following:
- For decoding practice (have students tap out the word)
- For grouping words with the same glued sound
- For playing memory and finding partners with the same glued sound
- For spelling practice (say the word, students tap and write, then reveal the heart)
- Even for a game of table vs table or group vs group (who can read or write it correctly first?)
- You could also find corresponding pictures and have students match pictures and words as they practice decoding
The words contained on the hearts are:
I hope you and your students enjoy this supplementary FUNdations resource this Valentine's Day!