Are you looking for Valentine’s Day activities for your speech therapy groups? Well here is the packet for you. There are activities for both articulation and language. You can use them for group therapy, individual sessions or for centers when doing classroom push-in.
• Pages 4-11 Candy Category Lotto – Give each student a candy kiss board, place candy kisses upside down, students take turn picking a candy kiss. If it belongs to their category then they add it to their board and if not, they mix it back in with the other kisses. The student to collect all 5 kisses first wins.
• Pages 12-19 Hearticulation Lotto/Memory – Cut out the hearts on either the odd or even pages and follow directions from above Lotto game. To play as Memory, cut out all the hearts, place the 12 hearts for the sound being addressed face down. Players take turns turning over 2 hearts per turn and saying the words on the heart. If they make a match, they get another turn. The player with the most matches wins.
• Page 20 Deliver the Valentines – Open ended game for articulation and/or language.
• Page 21 Valentine Balloons – Have the students make as many words as they can, then pair those words up with their speech words to from silly sentences.
• Page 22 Colorful Heart – Open ended articulation worksheet.
• Pages 23-26 Hangman– Laminate then cut out cards on pages 24-26. Place cards face down. Use dry erase marker to create word, phrase, etc. for students to guess. This can be a speech word, an item within a given category and idiom, etc. When incorrect letters are guessed, a card is turned over. Game ends when puzzle is guessed or man is hanged.
• Pages 27-30 Heartfelt Directions – Laminate pages 28 and 30. Read directions provided on pages 27 and 29 to work on following directions containing a variety of language concepts.
• Pages 31-32 Valentine Spatial Concepts – Print 2 copies and laminate. Use for Memory game. The cards can also be used for identifying and/or labeling the concepts (place 3 cards in front of the student and request, “Show me the cupcake is in between the flowers, etc.”).
• Page 33 Polka Dotted Heart – Open ended articulation worksheet.