Valentine Math & ELA Centers, Games, & Fun | 12 Activities Aligned to CCSS
This 80+ page collection of Valentine Math and ELA Centers, Games, and Fun is designed to be used in a 2nd grade classroom. The activities will serve as independent practice of 2nd grade Common Core Standards. A printer-friendly version is also included. The 12 activities and standards covered are:
- Odd and Even Sort (2.OA.C.3)
- Sweetheart Bump! (2.NBT.B.5)
- Math Fact Fill the Candy Jar Game (2.NBT.B.5)
- Cupcake Numbers Different Ways (2.NBT.A.3)
- Ordering Numbers Cookie Sort (2.NBT.A.4)
- Whole Group Math Game (2.NBT.A.2)
- Noun and Verb Sort (L.2.1)
- Vowel Digraph Sort (RF.2.3b)
- Cupcake Compound Words (L.2.4d)
- Synonyms are Sweet! Game (L.2.5b)
- Strawberry Sight Word Game (RF.2.3f)
- Sweetheart Make Words & Valentine Make Words (RF.2.3)
PLEASE NOTE: I have included both full-color and printer-friendly versions (black/white backgrounds) of the task pages. The full-color versions are in the document as is, while the printer-friendly versions are all located in the back of the file for your printing convenience. Simply click File, Print, then select the pages you wish to print (either the full-color pages or printer-friendly pages). I hope you enjoy the extra option of printer-friendly pages!
I hope you find these activities to be a great way to create hands-on learning in your classroom! Don't forget to download the Preview File to see all that is included.
You might also be interested in:
- Informative Writing Unit
- Opinion Writing Unit
- Narrative Writing Unit
- Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Advanced Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Common Core Writing Activities (monthly writing centers)
Interested in a COMPLETE SYSTEM for assessing students in reading using ANY text?
- Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Reading Interactive Notebook - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Digital Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
Jamie Rector from 2nd Grade Stuff
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.