Please note: all of my “Probability and Graphing” products are identical, and only the theme/clipart is changed.
This product presents your students in second and third grades with a very engaging opportunity to practice both their prediction and graphing skills. This is a great activity to use at a Math center or to support your probability or graphing unit.
Students are to make a prediction about which picture their cube will land on most often in 20 rolls. Hopefully, they will notice that of the six pictures, half are the same. They record the data on a tally chart and then transfer the data to a bar graph where the scale will likely need to be one square=two rolls (students will need to think critically to solve this part of the assignment).
This product was designed so that students would be able to complete the entire task on their own, with only minor assistance required to glue or tape the cube.
Some level of previous experience with graphing, probability and the key vocabulary is required.
• The learning goals for this activity are:
• To think critically about the outcome of an event.
• To independently read for a specific purpose and follow instructions to accomplish a task successfully.
• To record data using tallies.
• To transfer data from a tally chart to a bar graph accurately.
• To problem solve and think critically about the scale of the graph because one square may not equal one roll of the cube.
• To show care and attention to detail in completing a bar graph correctly (via a provided success-criteria checklist)
To understand and use the Math-related vocabulary in context.
• To use fine motor skills to cut out and assemble a cube.
The product itself is four pages long and includes:
• a mini anchor chart with the Math-related vocabulary
• a cube template for students to color and cut out (minor assistance may be required with assembly)
• two student worksheets
Please download the preview file to see everything that is included with this product. Please ask any questions prior to purchasing.
This product is also appropriate for children in higher grades who are on modified academic programs.
The entire product is 11 pages, with four being the student printables.
If there is anything I can do to tweak or modify this product to better suit your needs, please let me know. It takes no time at all for me to make those small, quick changes that would make this product better meet the needs of your students.
I hope you find this product to be as effective and useful as I have.
Thank you so much for visiting my store!