This STEM project explores how to catch a Valentine Critter-Love Monsters and Love Bugs! They will learn about different styles of traps, work through the STEM process, create a trap, and test their designs-and, if they are lucky, trap a Love Critter! So much fun and students learn about how entomologists work to trap bugs!
Look What's Inside the Valentine Critter STEM!
For the Teacher
• Notes for the Teacher including Prep Work, Material Suggestions and instructions
for the video that students watch from the online source
• A Problem Description Page
• Project Criteria and Constraints
• ASK Page "How can we trap a Love Critter for Valentine’s Day?"
• ASK Video link page
• IMAGINE Direction page
• PLAN Directions with further criteria
• CREATE Direction page
• IMPROVE Directions page where students are prompted to make improvements.
• ALL of the above pages in a COLOR option
• TIME TO TRAP Color page
• IMAGINE student work page
• ASK student work page to record information about Traps and Insects
• PLAN student work page
• CREATE student work page
• PRACTICE INFORMATION AND OBSERVATIONS student work page
• IMPROVE student work page
• REFLECT student work page where students answer reflection questions
• QUOTE page in black and white
• QUOTE page in color
PowerPoint Includes :
• Title slide similar to the cover of the product
• A Fun Problem slide
• ASK slide
• ASK slide video page
• IMAGINE slide
• PLAN slide
• CREATE slide
• TIME TO TRAP slide
• IMPROVE slide
• Project quote slide
Students have so much fun with this project!
Materials suggested for this project include boxes, cups, popsicle sticks, cardboard, construction paper, pom poms, string, paper plates, straws, paper towel tubes, and anything else students can think of!
Other Items You May Be Interested In:
Holiday STEM: Three STEMS From Thanksgiving to New Years
New Years Holiday STEM: New Years Eve Noisemakers
Christmas STEM Tree Trimming
Holiday STEM: Turkey Thaw (No Real Turkeys Needed!)
Winter STEM Snowman Skiing to Explore Energy
Scientist Craftivity: A Project Based Learning Product
What is Energy with Erma and Ernie Energy
Force and Motion: Santa's Force and Motion Workshop
Halloween Science: Mad Scientist at Work
Please be sure to follow me for new products, 1/2 price for a limited time! Also, all TPT Teachers love feedback! Please take a minute after you download to share how you feel about any product you download!
Julie from The Best Days :)
Follow The Best Days on Facebook
Follow The Best Days on Instagram
Follow The Best Days at The Best Days Blog