Valentine speech, language, critical thinking, following directions, games, creating valentines, open ended, matching sentences to pictures, writing a friendly letter
Valentine's unit for speech and language that will help you hit your objective targets! This unit contains 3 open ended games with more than one way to play and that can be used beyond Valentine's Day! This unit contains:
1. Deliver Those Valentines! In this game your students are post office mail carriers who deliver the mail to the full color village. They must follow the attribute directions to deliver the right mail to the correct house. Delivery confirmation hearts go to correct answers! (full color)
2A. Speech Sweet Shop (Social Skills)- This game involves role play as your students are bake shop employees or customers who are looking for a particular dessert to enjoy. These full color desserts look good enough to eat! The students must follow the attribute directions to determine which cupcake goes with the clipboard order. Good manners in a store are a must!
2B. The second way to play is for the student to enter the bake shop where another student who "owns" the bake shop will take an order and put together the delicious cupcakes! Great role play and sequencing and did I mention these are great critical thinking skills?! (full color)
3. Decorate a Valentine’s Card- Open ended worksheets in which your students get to decorate valentines for a loved one! A roll of the die will determine which picture they get to decorate first. Kids love it because they get to decorate the valentines as they wish. I love it because they are working on their objectives! (black and white printables, 5 different choices)
4. Matching Valentine’s Sentences to Pictures Interactive- Great facts about Valentine's Day with Velcro and sentences to match with pictures. (black and white/some color)
5. Write a Friendly Letter! Write a letter to your valentine in a simple framework that kids "get". (black and white printable)
6. Brief History of Valentine’s with Wh Questions- A short history of Valentine's Day and multiple choice cards to answer for comprehension questions. (black and white printable)
The games are full color but can be used for more than just Valentine's Day!