Your class won't be able to resist these adorable Valentine Syllable Sort activities. Included are 4 colorful activities that you can use as part of your guided reading groups or work work stations. Children will read words and sort them into piles according to how many syllables the words contain.
- Word Sort Activity- Children will sort words into 3 groups, 1, 2, or 3 syllable words. When they complete the activity they will turn over the cards and if they completed the activity correctly a mystery picture will be revealed.
- Syllable Game board- Children will choose cards and read them. They will move the number of spaces on the board depending on how many syllables are in the word.
- Syllable Match- Children will match up words with the cards that have the same number of syllables.
- Syllable Word Hunt- Children will find 20 hidden words in the picture and write the words according to how many syllables they have.
- Syllable Worksheet- Independent Practice
These activities are just too cute!