Valentine Worksheet Pages
1.Valentine Rhyming Words - Students practice their phonemic skills by cutting out the parts of the heart at the bottom of the page and matching them to the heart above that contain a rhyming word. Be sure and check out the similar Literacy Circle activity that allows students to practice rhyming skills in a large group setting. Check my store and look for "Circle Time Activity – Valentine Rhyming Words."
2. Valentine - Write the Room - Students will walk around the room during center time and find words printed on posters or other things in the room that contain words that begin with the first letter in the word “Valentine.”
3. Valentine Secret Pictures – Let your little detectives solve the secret code. Students write the beginning sound of the small pictures to figure out the Valentine item they are to draw.
4. Valentine Compound Words – (2 pages) Students will cut out the pictures on the second page. They will then match them to make a compound word. Students will glue two parts of a heart together and then choose the heart that shows the new compound word. Make sure you check out the similar independent center activity that your students can complete during center time. Visit my store and look for “Literacy Center – Valentine Compound Words”
5. Valentine Maze – Children follow along a maze as they navigate through the heart from one end of the arrow to the other. A maze might just seem like a fun way to pass time, but they are actually a valuable learning tool for children. Mazes are a fun way to practice math skills like logic and problem-solving. It also helps to improve hand-eye coordination.
6. My Valentine - Encourage your students to show their creative sides as the write about their Valentine and what is going to happen on Valentine Day.
Activity Created by Barbara Kilkenny - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Barbara-Kilkenny
Small Graphics used to enhance various pages were purchased from © Art Explosion 1995
If you like my creative worksheets please take the time to rate them and leave a nice comment. If you find any mistakes please contact me immediately and I will make efforts to correct any typos or other issues you have discovered.
Please check out the other worksheets, learning centers and circle time activities in my store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Barbara-Kilkenny