Celebrate Valentine's Day with a vocabulary bingo game and quiz, a short reading passage, and a coloring page. The words and phrases used in the game are all appropriate for upper elementary. Students create their own bingo cards either by writing or by cutting out and attaching 24 choices onto a blank card. You can choose to use the words alone or the words with illustrations. Great for the whole class or small groups!
CLICK HERE to get THIS RESOURCE as part of a money-saving BUNDLE!
Here is what you get when you purchase this resource:
• Write-the-words card (1 page)
• Choose-and-cut card with 30 choices, words and pictures (1 page)
• Choose-and-cut card with 30 choices, words only (1 page)
• Blank bingo card (1 page)
• 30 calling cards with Valentine's Day vocabulary and definitions (4 pages)
• Vocabulary printable (1 page)
• Bingo in the Classroom (1 page)
• Vocabulary quiz (1 page)
• Quiz answer key (1 page)
• Flower Power short reading passage (1 page)
• Flower Power answer key (1 page)
• Party Hearty coloring page (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
beloved, bouquet, bow and arrow, candlelight, chocolate, conversation hearts, courtship, crush, Cupid, date, devotion, diamond ring, endearment, engagement, flirt, heartthrob, hugs, husband, lovesick, marriage, poem, promise, red, rose, secret admirer, serenade, sweetheart, swoon, valentine, wife
I've used this game with 3rd-5th, and they all love it. I think they feel like they're being a little naughty. As a bonus, if you act out "swoon" it will become everyone's new favorite word!
HINT: You can use a free online bingo card generator if you like my word list and calling cards, but do not have the time for students to make their own bingo cards.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► My Bingo Games
are perfect for building vocabulary, practice, review & test prep.
► CLICK HERE to follow me
for updates about new products, sales info & more!