Valentine’s Day activities that align with the Common Core make learning fun, are easy-to make, and are affordable!
I love my local Dollar Store because it has fun items that can be used for a variety of ideas in the classroom. I bought 24 Valentine's Day decorated bags for only $1.00. You can make bags so that each student will have their own taped to the front of their desk to store their Valentine's Day cards. This way you won’t have to worry about taking precious teaching time to decorate boxes for your party! You can also use these bags to hold different alphabet and consonant activities that are aligned with the Common Core.
• Small bear patterns in black and white and in color
• Larger bear patterns in black and white and color for larger bags
• Small and large bear body part cut-outs
• Hearts with each uppercase and lower case letter printed on it
• Hearts with each letter of the alphabet and corresponding picture of its initial consonant sound
• Blank heart patterns for additional skills to practice
• Writing utensil
• Crayons, markers, or colored pencils (optional)