PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Valentine's Day Activities Pack is filled with fun, quality Valentine's Day crafts, glyphs and activities that are sure to keep your students engaged, while also letting their creativity shine. All activities are aimed at students in grades 1-5, but please take a close look at the preview to ensure they are appropriate for your students.
Valentine's Day Glyphs:
*2 Glyph Themes* Box of Chocolates Glyph & Love Bug Glyph
Each Glyph comes with:
•Student Checklist: Each theme includes different questions that students check off the answers to in order to create their individual glyph.
•All Cut-outs: These are meant to be cut out and hung up, or glued onto construction paper.
•Background Page & Cut-outs: Rather than having to glue onto a separate page, the background page is included separate from the cut-outs.
•Bar Graph: This is a simple bar graph that students use to record data from a question for each glyph. You can then use them to have students draw conclusions based on the data.
Valentine’s Day Activities:
• Word Searches: 2 levels included with Valentine’s Day vocabulary terms. Answer Keys included.
• “Find someone who...” Valentine’s Day Bingo: (2 options) This is a fun way to get students to move, interact, and share their Valentine’s Day favorites. Students create their own Bingo boards, and then play! (full page or half page option).
• Ways to Show Love: Students write and illustrate 5 ways to show love without spending money.
• Valentine’s Day Favorites: Students fill in their favorite parts of Valentine’s Day, favorite treat, give to give, and gift to receive.
• What I Love About My Family: Students write/illustrate what they love about up to 6 family members.
• What I Love About...: This graphic organizer comes in a one page print and go option, or a 2 page cut, glue and fold option. The 2nd option has 3 covers to choose from – a girl, a boy, or plain. Students fill in what they love about their family, home, friends, and school.
• (newly added) What I Love About...: This a great activity for building student confidence and classroom community. It is a printable envelope and heart notes for students to distribute to their classmates' envelopes.
• (newly added) What Makes Up the Pieces of My Heart: This is a fun, visual way for students to showcase all of the people and things they love in their life.
• Valentine’s Day Card Templates: 6 Valentines for students to choose from (simple fold and cut, pop-up, pre-made fill ins, etc.)
• Making Words: Students make words from Valentine’s Day and Box of Chocolates. Answer Key is included.
• Break the Code: Students decode a short poem. Answer Key is included.
This resource can be found discounted with other spring-themed and holiday packs in the Spring Bundle.
For seasonal resources, including glyphs, activities, and writing for the ENTIRE YEAR, the Spring Bundle can also be found discounted in the Seasonal Resources Bundle!