Also included in
- Engage your students this season with these holiday-themed informational texts and critical thinking writing activities. Nonfiction reading passages are perfect to practice close reading strategies and the creative activities included will have your students engaged all winter long!Each pack include$29.00$42.00Save $13.00
- Engage your students throughout the year with these holiday-themed informational texts and critical thinking writing activities that upper elementary kids LOVE! Nonfiction reading passages are perfect to practice close reading strategies.This set includes print and digital versions of each pack.Each$94.00$135.40Save $41.40
- Grab everything you need to welcome the Valentine's Day season with these high-interest reading, writing, poetry, and differentiated math activities!NOTE: This is set includes BOTH printable and digital versions. These activities are perfect for all February long!This set includes digital differenti$13.00$17.50Save $4.50
Celebrate Valentine's Day this February with content-rich print and digital close reading activities including nonfiction articles about Milton Hershey, How Chocolate is Made, engaging fiction activities on the popular book Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli, Random Acts of Kindness week, and much more!
This set includes BOTH a printable and a digital Google Slides™ version.
This pack is a great mix of reading, writing, and math activities. Non-fiction articles include text features to strengthen informational text reading skills. Activities and projects require students to use text-based evidence and encourage critical thinking.
Also included is a class community building writing activity your students will love!
Short on time to teach Valentine's Day this year? Complete activities in group settings and encourage meaningful discourse in a short amount of time!
Please see the preview for all this product has to offer!
✓ Link and directions to use the digital version in Google Classroom™
- 3 Non Fiction Reading Passages and Activities:
- *The Man Behind the Kiss (Response Questions & Cause/Effect)
- *Milton, The Philanthropist(Response Questions & Problem/Solution)
- * How Is Chocolate Made?(Close Reading Reflection, Response Questions and Sequence)
- Fact and Opinion Reflection
- Mr. Hershey’s Character Trait Reflection
- Mini biography Posters
- Student Note Taking Sheet
- Student Presentation Directions (Optional Activity)
- Fiction Reading Passages and Activities for:
- Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch By Eileen Spinelli (Reader Response Activities: Character feelings, Character Traits, Theme and Reflection Questions )
- Valentine’s Day Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
- Valentine’s Day Multiple Meaning Words
- Random Acts of Kindness Challenge
- Random Acts of Kindness Awards
- Kindness Acrostic Poems
- We Love to Read Reflection and Bulletin Board Letters
- Valentine’s Day Word Search and Answer Key
- Valentine’s Day Class Kindness Cards
- Valentine’s Day Friendly Letter
- Opinion Writing Prompt & Graphic Organizer
- Explanatory Writing Prompt & Graphic Organizer
- Narrative Writing Prompt & Graphic Organizer
✓Math with Answer Keys
- 2 Levels of Multiplication Practice Page
- 2 Levels of Adding with Decimals Menu Problem Page
- Leaping for Love Fraction Game
- 3 Fraction Word Problems with Answer Keys
Teacher Suggested Use and Book List included.
Suggestions for Effective Classroom Use:
- Morning Work
- Partner Work
- Independent Reading Practice
- Independent Writing Practice
- Whole Class Instruction
- Bulletin Boards-Several different activities included could be used for bulletin board displays this February
Offer your students a twist on Valentine's Day and hearts with this Heart Health Close Reading Pack!
"LOVE this product! My students really enjoyed everything we were able to do in here! Thank you!"
"Love the thoroughness of this activity! My kids loved it!"
"Great articles with text-dependent questions!"
"My students loved learning about Milton Hershey. This is a great resource."
Try a sample of this product for FREE: Valentine's Day FREEBIE
This pack is also part of a money-saving bundle: Winter Holidays No Prep
Valentine's Day cards are now available!
You might be interested in:
- Groundhog Day
- Multiplication and Division Winter Themed
- Winter Sub Plans-No Prep
- Winter Opinion Writing
- January Writing
- February Writing
Did you know you can earn TPT $ as store credit just by leaving feedback?
Go to the “My Purchases” page.
Use the provide feedback icon under any item you downloaded.
Click it and you will be able to leave a short comment and rating.
Each time you provide feedback TPT gives you credits that you may use to lower the cost of any future purchases.
It’s that easy!
Thank you in advance as your feedback is important to me!
Follow me by clicking the green star at the top of my store page for notifications of new products and sales. Remember new products are always 50% off the first 24 hours!
Subscribe to my blog for engaging teaching ideas and exclusive freebies!
Follow me on Instagram for behind the scenes views of Think Grow Giggle:
Follow me on Pinterest for more teaching ideas:
Follow me on Facebook for teaching ideas and flash freebies:
Questions? Email me at ThinkGrowGiggleShop@gmail.com