PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Valentine Figurative Language Task Cards are the perfect February activity to help your class stay focused during those days leading up to Valentine's Day. Teaching and reviewing figurative language in the upper elementary or middle school is simplified with the Task Cards which target similes, metaphors, personification, hyperbole, idiom, alliteration, assonance, and onomatopoeia. Each card has a sentence using figurative language and three answer choices for students to consider.
Included you'll find
• 12-Challenge Cards (for students who need further extension)
• Defninitions Page
• Answer Documents and keys
• Formative Assessment "What Does It All Mean" Interactive Finale Activity
• Tips for the Teacher Page
• Please note that some of the examples are challenging and may need discussion. Also, there are a few phrases that may be interpreted in more than one way, so whole-class discussion may be in order.
You might also like these other products from It's a Teacher Thing:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.