Here is one of my favourite projects: 'Valentine's Day', in the manner of Julie Miville and her 'Les Affreux’.
A drawing and painting art project that needs simple materials and gives magnificent results.
Allow your students to discover an incredible Artist from Québec and her characters, The ‘Affreux'.
-Grade 1 and up
-Black hard tempera paint
-Coloured hard tempera paint
-White pencil crayon (Prismacolor)
-Round and angular shapes
This document includes:
- Step-by-step instructions (4 pages) with photos (6 pages).
- A biography of the artist Julie Miville (1 page).
- Two artworks from Julie Miville.
- The presentation of « Les Affreux » with pictures (3 pages).
- An evaluation rubric.
- Eleven examples to give inspiration to your students (1 page).
- A cover page for display. For colouring.
A nice way to work on competency « production of independent media artworks ».
Perfect for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays and others! How can you resist these adorable 'Affreux'?
Duration: about 3 class periods
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback.
Your comments can help me make my resources better for you. In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations).
You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.