Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a close read of an original informational text about the origin and history of this beloved holiday!
In this package, you will receive materials to give your students a chance to closely read and annotate an engaging text and apply that knowledge to practice the skills in Common Core.
A teacher's guide and answer key are also included to provide ideas on utilizing these materials in your classroom!
With this bundle, you get the same text in FOUR different Lexile scores so you can differentiate to meet the needs of the learners in your classroom. The article is provided in the following Lexile Scores:
• 830 Lexile
• 940 Lexile
• 1150 Lexile
• 1230 Lexile
The articles all look the same except for a small difference in one piece of clip art so that you can easily differentiate without making it obvious to students.
• Directions for closely reading the text are included to help guide students through the process when using the graphic organizer.
• A close reading bookmark is also included to provide students with symbols to use while annotating.
• You will also receive two different leveled versions of a graphic organizer for a close reading of the article, as well as 12 text-dependent questions for the article.
• The close reading organizer asks to summarize, use context clues, make inferences, and identify key ideas in paragraphs of the article. This comes on two pages, which can be printed back to back to save paper. There are two levels of this organizer included!
2 different options are included for students to utilize the text-dependent questions! Text-dependent questions cover Common Core Standards #1-4.
• Text-Dependent Questions (Worksheet Style)
• Text-Dependent Question Cards (both numbered and not numbered) allow you to pick and choose questions that you want students to work on. These can be utilized at stations or for group work.
A Text-Dependent Question Response Sheet is included so students can record their answers when using the cards.
Please contact me with any questions. Thank you for checking out my product! Click the star in the upper right hand corner if you like me work to “follow me” so you can be notified about sales, flash freebies, and new products.
Checkout my other Valentine's Day Resources!
Blind Date with a Book Resources
Valentine's Day: 40 Figurative Language Task Cards and Writing Resources
Valentine's Day: Context Clues Task Cards
Valentine's Day Love Bug Characterization Task Cards