More than just a color-by-code sheet, this parts of speech activity includes a “Word Labeling Machine” that will help students decide which part of speech a word is, so that students can work independently on even the most challenging of words! Using the “Word Labeling Machine” is so fun for students that they don’t realize that they are gaining a deeper understanding of English structure while they are using it! Once students have finished the coloring sheet and worked to put examples into the “machine,” there is a follow-up graphing activity that asks them to graph their results using the same color coding as they used in the picture. This makes it easy for students to check their own work against the answer key—without the teacher having to give away the exact answer to how the finished poster should look. (However, an Answer Key showing the correct colors in the finished poster is also provided, in case you would like to show it to the students when they are finished so that they can double-check their work). The third page of the handout is a follow-up writing activity (“A Pet's Valentine's Day”) in which students are asked to come up with answers to questions such as: “Is the dog giving a gift, or receiving one? and “Why are some balloons floating away?
Your download includes:
1) The Color-By-Code Valentine picture worksheet in black and white
2) The second page of the worksheet, with both a labeling activity and a graphing activity
3) The third page of the worksheet, with a “Pet's Valentine's Day” writing activity
4) An Answer Key showing how the finished picture should look
5) An Answer Key showing the correct answers for the labeling activity and graphing activity
Note: This is the Valentine-themed packet. The complete bundle can be purchased at a super discount (50% off!) here: Color-By-Code Parts of Speech **YEAR LONG BUNDLE** by Teacher’s Palette