Looking for high-interest, Common Core-aligned test prep passages? Look no further!
This test prep Valentine's Day Bundle is a great bargain. You will receive:
2 V-Day passages (1 "letter to the editor", 1 non-fiction text)
4 multiple choice questions for each passage
2 short response questions for each passage
1 "paired passage" extended response question
Choose to give both passages or just one; use them for instruction or give them out for additional practice at home -- it's your choice :)
Questions ask students to do the following and more:
* use the text to answer explicit questions that demonstrate comprehension
* determine the author’s perspective and consider how details in the text support this perspective
* use context clues to define challenging vocabulary words
* refer back to particular paragraphs to locate information
* summarize the main idea of a paragraph
* consider how information in the text could be used as evidence in an argument
Note: The paired passage question is more appropriate for upper elementary/early middle grades (i.e. 5th, 6th) or for advanced readers in lower grades. However, students in 3rd & 4th should be able to access at least one of these passages and the multiple choice/short response questions linked to the passage.