Also included in
- Creative Writing Bundle | PDF and Digital Formats: This no-prep - just photocopy and teach, full-year creative writing bundle will keep your students engaged in their writing. This bundle provides holiday writing prompts (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter) as well as seasonal writing pro$19.99$27.00Save $7.01
Valentine's Day Creative Writing Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Celebrate Valentine's Day in middle school with creative writing. Students will select one the provided character roles: Lost Valentine, Candy Hearts, Box of Chocolates, Stuffed Animal and Flowers and create a written or visual product based on the character's specific writing prompt.
This no-prep - just photocopy and teach Valentine's Day creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer's Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this package:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Valentine's Day Creative Writing Assignment (with multiple background options)
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 - Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- "Excited to offer so much choice in this assignment! I know my students will have fun with it."
- "Students loved this as a Valentine's activity. Great ideas, thanks!"
- "Well-organized as always. Fun activity!"
- "I used this resource for the first time this past Valentine's Day and my classes were really engaged and excited to show me what they came up with! This was definitely a fun writing activity to do the week of Valentine's Day."
- A great activity to do throughout the week of Valentine's. Students very much enjoyed. Thanks!"
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
Other Creative Writing Assignments