Hello! Thank you for taking a look at my new Valentine’s Day product!
Emotional development is such an important social and life skill. My hopes are that this product will be used to facilitate conversation around a variety of feelings and emotions that young children go through in fun and engaging way.
Some concepts such as the difference between friendly and loving can be difficult for younger children to differentiate between. However, you know your children and students best and know where they are at developmentally. So use what you feel is more beneficial and appropriate for them at their level.
I would suggest making these a flip-book that is held together with O-rings so you have the option to separate the book out if you would like. That being said, let your imagination go with how to present this! I am positive you have some excellent and fun ideas!
Activities included are the following:
• Match-This activity involves a basic matching skill. Have the child match the picture of the emotion to the same picture of the emotion on the page.
• What’s Missing-I have made two different options for the what’s missing
o One picture missing
o Two pictures missing
• Sort- Have the students sort between the emotions and put them on the correct page. You can also differentiate this by having the child sort anywhere from 2 emotions up to as many as they are capable of. Some of our very eager children may be able to sort all of them! ☺
• Template to create your own book using your child or children’s faces. This is a great book to add to your library as the children love to see themselves and their friends.
• Also included is:
o Material Prep instructions
o Suggestions and Recommendations
I have included the following emotions:
• Angry/Mad (I’ve included both words so you can choose what language you would like to incorporate in your work.)
• Loving/Friendly (I’ve included both words so you can choose what language you would like to incorporate in your work.)
I strive for perfection and your satisfaction! If you have found an error, please email me so I can correct it and get you a corrected version prior to leaving negative feedback. Otherwise, please leave feedback, as that is what I use to update products so they are more relevant to you. If you have any comments or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to let me know! You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you enjoy this product and I would love to hear how you are using it!