Valentine's Day Escape Room Valentine Breakout Activity Kindergarten - 1st Grade
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This money-saving bundle has 2 fun, easy-to-set-up (no props needed) escape rooms that will keep your students engaged and learning during the long winter months & during the days before or after Valentine's Day! They are a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a teamPrice $6.40Original Price $8.00Save $1.60
- This money-saving bundle has fun, easy-to-set-up (no props needed) escape rooms that will keep your students engaged and learning throughout the school year! They are a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!Each escape room has an attention-grabbing story (problem)Price $27.20Original Price $34.00Save $6.80
Oh no! Someone has locked up all the class valentines and party treats! Now the students can't have their Valentine's Day party! Can your students use their literacy, math, and problem-solving skills to help Cupid's detectives solve the clues and figure out the combinations to the locks in order to save the class party?
This fun, easy to set up (no props needed) escape room will keep your students engaged and learning the days before or after Valentine's Day! They will love finding and figuring out the clues and lock combinations that will help save the class Valentine's Day party! It is a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!
I have also included a bonus activity. After students have solved all the clues and opened the locks, they can use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to help Cupid's Detective eliminate suspects from his love bug list and figure out which one locked up the party supplies.
If you have never done an escape room with your students before, no worries! You will receive:
- Teacher instructions for preparing (no props needed - large envelopes are optional, just print & go), setting up, and conducting the escape room
- Table of Contents
- Whole-Class & Small Group Instructions
- Story Cards & Written Narrations for Each (color, black/white, & optional Google Slides versions) - sets the stage for the escape room and gets students "hooked". Print out the story cards & written narrations OR use the ink-saving digital Google Slides version (show the story slides & read the narrations from the notes section).
- Printable Clues and Answer Sheets - puzzles, graphs, activities that review skills
- Instructions for Each Clue
- Printable Answer Keys
- Bonus Activity: List of Love Bug Suspects - students will use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to eliminate love bug suspects until only one remains
- Reward Certificates (color and black/white) - special "Cupid's Star Problem-Solver" certificates "signed by Cupid"
**Please view the preview file to see pictures of all that is included. **
The following skills are covered in this escape room:
- CVC Words
- Numbers, Number Recognition
- Counting to 20
- Writing Numbers to 20
- Addition to 10
- Visual Discrimination
- Beginning Digraphs (sh)
- Directional Coding - using arrows to show a path on a grid (see preview file)
- Deductive Reasoning
- Logical Thinking
- Cooperation and Teamwork
- Listening Skills
Why use an escape room in your classroom?
- They are engaging and fun for students.
- They promote working together as a team.
- Students use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve riddles and puzzles.
- They are challenging and get students to think.
- They are hands-on.
- Students use their imaginations.
- Students work together to solve the problem.
- Students can showcase their unique skills.
What educators are saying about this resource:
"This was the perfect activity to liven up our Valentine's Day celebration! It was perfect for kinders at this point in the year. Thank you so much for a wonderful resource--they were completely engaged!" - Miss Taylor Teaches
"My students had so much fun!" - Naomi A.
"A great resource and would recommend." - Stephanie B.
"My students loved this Escape Room." - Karen T.
"My students enjoyed this valentine's escape room, it was funny and engaging." - Tabitha J.
You may also like:
Winter Escape Room, Winter Breakout Activity Math
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• CLICK HERE to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.