Valentine’s Day Escape the Candy Factory No-Locks and STEM Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your prePrice $63.00Original Price $80.00Save $17.00
If you are looking for an easy-prep Escape Room and STEM Challenge combo you are going to love this set. This math-based No Locks Escape Room is perfect for practicing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and problem-solving. But it gets better- the STEM Challenge is also math-based. It's all about volume.
NOTE: This resource is available in a money-saving bundle:
NOTE: This bundle contains two resources. Each may be purchased separately.
In this No Locks Escape Room students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes! Teams are working together to escape the candy factory!
How does a No Locks Escape Work?
This event is called Escape the Candy Factory. Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a number or word clue. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded a mark on a factory tour ticket. After completing the last task the team Escapes the Candy Factory.
The scenario for students is:
Each team enters a candy factory on a field trip. After entering, the doors lock them into the first room of the tour. In order to get out of the room, the team must complete a task to unlock the "door". If they can complete the task they advance into the next room of the tour and continue with a new task. After completing four tasks the team escapes the candy factory!
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Factory Tour tickets- in three versions (generic, Halloween, and Valentine's Day and in black/white)
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, Magic Square Land ( magic squares in 3 ability levels), answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, What's That Area? (area), answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, The Amazing Candy Maze (addition, subtraction, multiplication in 2 ability levels), answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Hidden Message (simple multiplication and word search) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white (includes generic, Halloween, and Valentine's Day)
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the Candy Factory Tickets
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks.
The activities found in this package were inspired by a little book by Tomie dePaola called "The Popcorn Book". Picture books can provide the perfect starting point for science investigations. Using the book is, of course, optional. This investigation can be completed without reading the book to your class or a similar book can be substituted.
This one-day STEM challenge will have your students thinking about volume. After hearing the book read (or talking about volume) students will design and construct a container for a specific amount of popcorn. Students will have a list of the Design “rules” and a set of supplies from which to build. The final design will test their understanding of volume and at the same time have them collaborating, designing, and constructing. In the end, each team will present its final container!
The lesson guide provides:
- Materials list
- Step-by-step procedures
- Page of Helpful Hints gives ideas of specific things to think about while using this package
- Two lab sheets with answer samples
- Photos to guide the use of the package
- Extensions give ideas of continuing the activity as a whole class or in your science/math centers
- Ideas are given to further use The Popcorn Book.
- And there is more! A scoring rubric is now provided and a file of editable forms.
PLEASE NOTE: This STEM Challenge uses popcorn. Since the Escape Room is about candy, I included a for you that gives simple directions for using candy instead of popcorn. You also have the option of using popcorn or completing both challenges! Be sure you download the Bonus Challenge!
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Escape the School
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!