Valentine’s Day Fun: Grammar, Vocabulary & Idiom Review
Includes 5 PRINTABLES and ANSWER KEYS.
1. Valentine’s Day Grammar Review with Idiom: Students will discover the hidden idiom by identifying different parts of speech (i.e. plural nouns, irregular past tense verbs, comparative adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs, subject and object pronouns.) After identifying the words according to their parts of speech, they will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students don’t have colored pencils they can cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the idiom “Love at first sight”. Finally, they need to write a sentence using the idiom correctly.
2. Valentine’s Day Idiom Review: At the bottom of the worksheet there are 6 pictures that depict 6 very common idioms about love (i.e. love at first sight, to be head over heels in love, to tie the knot, to pop the question, to be brokenhearted, and to be the apple of someone’s eye.) There are 6 sentences at the top of the page. Students will fill in the blanks in each sentence with the correct idiom.
3. Valentine’s Day Vocabulary: Students will use the words from the Word Bank to fill in the missing words. The words are all related to Valentine’s Day. (i.e. propose, February, admirer, engaged, romantic, sweetheart etc.)
4. Valentine’s Categorize Grammar: Students will write a noun, adjective and verb for each of the initial letters in the words “VALENTINE’S DAY”.
5. Valentine’s Day Scramble: Students will unscramble words related to Valentine’s Day.
I hope you and your students have FUN with GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY, and IDIOMS this Valentine’s Day!
Graphics provided by: