Will You Be My Owlentine? | Valentine's Day Interactive Owl Card: Multi-Level English Activity | Free Update
Get your students to love learning while having fun with our Valentine's Day interactive owl card. They will get to color, assemble a card, and write short, sweet messages or jokes using the given Valentine-related vocabulary words and adjectives (word search puzzle). This activity may take 45 minutes or more depending on how fast your students work. You may follow the instructions or modify it according to the level of your students and classroom agenda.
Materials you will need:
- Glue (preferably glue sticks)
- Scissors or X-ACTO Knife
- Crayons, colored markers, and/or colored pencils (for precise coloring)
- Colored or B&W Owl Card Pages (provided in PDF)
PDF (8.5 x 11 inches) includes:
- How To Assemble Owl Interactive Card
- Write Short But Sweet Messages (Using Adjectives to Form Similes or Metaphors) or Jokes (Clean and Appropriate)
- How to Make Owl's Heart Beat and Wings Flap
- Word Search Answer Keys (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Levels)
- Colored Owl Card Pages
- Black & White Owl Card Coloring Pages
- Print colored or black & white owl card pages.
- Make an actual example(s) of the owl card and/or show the pictures provided in the PDF slides.
- Go over the given vocabulary words with your students, if necessary.
- Have students write at least 1 message (using adjectives to form similes or metaphors) or joke (clean, appropriate ones). Help students, if needed.
- If you're using the b&w pages, have students color the cards for their Valentines.
- Show how to assemble the owl card (follow instructions on the PDF slides).
- Show how to hold the flaps in order to make the owl's heart beat and wings flap.
- Have students give their valentine owl cards to one another.
- Optional: Students can read the messages/jokes on their valentine cards in front of the class. You may give participation points and/or stickers to encourage your students to present in class.
- Optional: Students can play "Guess the Secret Valentine". Students take turns reading a message/joke on their card, while the class guess the identity/student name of the secret Valentine.
Have pictures (using our activities) to share?
Tag us on Instagram or save our activities on Pinterest.
If you liked our Valentine Owl Interactive Card activity, please take a few seconds to rate or leave a review in the comments section below. Happy teaching and learning! ☺