This hands-on Valentine’s Day themed pack includes ten activities that will help reinforce literacy and map skills during the month of February! You can also use each activity during small group instruction or for whole group practice!
1. Who Holds the Key: I or Me – determine which term is appropriate in sentences
2. You’re Just Write for Me – expand simple sentences
3. Box of Verbs – identify verb tense (past, present, future)
4. Candy Heart Words – spell new words
5. Heart to Heart – make analogies using bridge maps
6. Valentine’s Day Crush – contraction speed game, identify word pairs that make contractions
7. Perfect Match – homophone memory game, match homophone pairs
8. You’re a Great Catch – noun card game (Go Fish), identify common and proper nouns
9. A Very Special Summary – write summaries using the Somebody, Wanted, But, Then strategy
10. You’ve Got Mail – reading comprehension and map skills practice all about Valentine, Texas
Check out the preview for a more detailed look!