This SMART Board presentation provides an easy way to integrate literacy into your Valentine’s Day activities! The candy hearts are labeled with the Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) Dolch Sight Words. 40 words in all!
Some ideas for using these delicious candy hearts:
* The teacher or student can form sentences using the Dolch Sight Words by dragging-and-dropping the candy hearts unto the sentence strip.
* The teacher can form incomplete sentences leaving out one or more Dolch Sight Words, and then ask students which of the candy hearts can be used to fill in the blank.
* A team game can be created where a student from Team 1 must “face off” with a student from Team 2. The student who uses the most Dolch Sight Words in his or her sentence earns a point for his or her team. Use a timer for more fun!
* After students practice literacy using this presentation, provide them with actual candy hearts. They’ll be eager to form sentences all on their own!
* Use the Screen Shade to cover words for fewer choices.
I appreciate your feedback!
Literacy, Literacy Fun, Candy Hearts, Valentine’s Day, Pre-K Dolch Sight Words List, Pre-Kindergarten