This Valentine’s Day bundle is filled with reading, math, and writing activities. These activities meet many common core standards and can be used in math and literacy centers. Included are a variety of 12 printable games, flashcards, worksheets, and activities that can be used individually or as centers. Some of these activities are sold in my TPT store but you save money by purchasing the packet as well as get activities that are not sold separately. Be sure to check out the preview or click HERE
to see these activities in action in my classroom.
1. Valentine’s Day ABC Order - students will put these Valentine’s themed pictures/words in ABC order and record their answer.
2. Valentine's Day Scrambled Sentences
- students will put word cards in order to complete a simple sentence related to Valentine’s Day. (5 sentences)
3. Valentine Friends Word Family Sort
– students will read the word card and match it to the correct word family. A recording sheet is also available. (30 word families)
4. Valentine's Real/Nonsense Words
– students will read simple words and decide if it is a real or nonsense word, then record their answer.
5. Spread the Love - a Valentine’s Day sight word game with flashcards, a game board, and “special cards” to allow for multiply ways of play. Sight words included are pre-primer, primer, number & color words.
6. Valentine CVC Words - (2 games) - Students will read the CVC word and match it to the picture. Students can also look at the picture on the cards and build a CVC word with letter tiles or write the word with wipe-off markers.
7. Valentine's mClass Math
– included are worksheets to practice the biggest #, missing #, and # recognition 1-100
8. Sweet Subtraction (3 activities) – 2 games and 1 set of worksheets to help students with subtraction within 5 and subtraction within 10.
9. Valentine's Day Roll & Color– students will roll a dice and color the corresponding number.
10. Valentine’s counting by 2s, 5s, 10s - students can put the flashcards in order to practice skip counting or they can fill in the missing number on the worksheets.
11. Place Value Valentines
(4 activities) – 3 games and 1 set of worksheets to help students with place value using base 10 blocks and sorting how many tens & ones are in each number.
12. Counting Cupcakes - students draw a number sense card and move around a game board. Skills included: numbers, number words, dice, tally marks, and ten frames
Feedback is always appreciated!! Don't forget to click "follow me" at the top of this page!
Connect with me more:
Other theme packets available:
Back to School Literacy and Math Activities
Apple Literacy, Math, and Science Activities
Fall Literacy and Math Activities
Halloween Literacy and Math Activities
Thanksgiving Literacy and Math Activities
Christmas Literacy and Math Activities
Winter Literacy and Math Activities
St. Patrick's Day Literacy and Math Activities
Easter Literacy and Math Activities
Spring Literacy and Math Activities
Butterfly Literacy and Math Activities
Summer Savings Bundle