Do you need a fun, yet engaging, unit for Valentine's Day?! I've got you covered! Valentine's Day No Prep Mini Unit for Second Grade is perfect for fun and engaging activities on Valentine's Day! Cover graphs, homophones, two-digit addition, compound words, complete sentences, and much more all in a fun and engaging Valentine's Day theme! The best part? It's NO PREP!
✷This unit is geared towards 2nd graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit. This Valentine's Day Mini Unit is meant to be a time saver. Just print! These activities/worksheets can be used for homework, morning work, fun assessments, or even last minute substitute plans! ✷
This unit is a part of a Second Grade February No Prep ELA and Math Unit that includes Groundhog's Day, football Valentine's Day and President's Day as well!
Included in this Valentine's Mini unit is:
- Hearts –s, -es or -ies: Color the candy heart according to if you would add –s, -es, or change it to –ies to make the word plural.
- Valentine’s Day How Many Words?
- Valentine’s Word Search
- L.2.4 Hearts and Homophones: Read the words on the envelopes and write a homophone for each.
- L.2.4d Cupid’s Cupcake Compounds: Using the words on cupcakes, make new compound words.
- Who Do You Love?: Writing page about who you love and why.
- L.2.1/2.3 Candy Heart Complete Sentences: Read sentences and color the candy heart that shows what part of the sentences is missing. Then write a complete sentence and draw pictures of each part (subject, action, where or when).
- /AU/ or/AW/ Sound: Color the candy hearts according to if the word is spelled with /au/ or /aw/
- L.2.2c Broken Heart Contractions: Read the words on a broken heart and form a contraction.
- L.2.2c Awww… Apostrophes: Read each sentence and color the heart if the underlined noun is singular or plural. Then write two sentences, one showing singular possessives and one showing plural possessives.
- 2.OA.4 Affectionate Arrays: Write the number of rows, columns and repeated addition for Valentine’s Day candy.
- 2.NBT.3 Postman Place Value: Write either the numerical form, written form or expanded form.
- 2.NBT.6 Valentine’s Day Code: Solve the 2 digit subtraction problems to solve the code. Some regrouping is needed.
- 2.OA.1 V-Day Party Word Problems: Solve word problems about a Valentine’s Day party.
- 2.OA.1 Candy Calculations: Solve word problems about Valentine’s Day candy.
- 2.GA.1 Greetings Geometry: Read the letter Mary Math has written her boyfriend Garret Geometry and fill in the blanks with what shape she is talking about.
- 2.MD.10 Valentine’s Day Graph: Read a graph about the Valentine’s five students received and answer the questions.
- 2.NBT.4 Lovebugs Less Than/More Than: Using <,> or =, compare the numbers in two pieces of candy then color according to the code.
- 2.NBT.6 Sweetheart Subtraction: Solve the three-digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- 2.OA.4 Even or Odd Hearts: Solve the 2 digit addition problems and then color according to the code. Some regrouping is needed
•By clicking that green star you are getting updates on when there are sales and when I have new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours! It pays to follow!
•Looking for freebies!? Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and freebies!
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!