I created this glyph for a fun activity for my students to complete during the week of Valentine’s Day. I love to use glyphs in the classroom because they are a fun and crafty way to work on gathering, reading and interpreting, and showing data. Each part of the glyph is on a separate piece of paper to make copying and sorting easy, with a minimum amount of leftover or waste. This product has everything you will need to create love bugs that will show information for 4 different categories.
Included are sheets for:
- Love bug body template: circle for girls, ovals for boys. (These can be any color you or your students would like, all the same or different).
- Love bug antennae template: red for those who prefer candy, pink for those who prefer chocolate.
- Love bug spots template: the number of spots tells each student’s age.
- Love bug wings template: single heart wins for non-February birthdays, double heart wings for February birthdays.
- Data analysis and recording form.
A Special thanks to Graphics fromt the Pond for the “Friday I’m In Love” font used here!