Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO + virtual math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the stoPrice $89.00Original Price $134.00Save $45.00
- Use these PRINT & GO and GOOGLE SLIDES math enrichment problems to challenge your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday-themed math problem solving! Perfect for early finishers or math enrichment, the Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math chaPrice $49.00Original Price $74.50Save $25.50
February math enrichment for the ENTIRE MONTH! Use these PRINTABLE + DIGITAL Valentine's Day, Groundhog Day, 100th Day, and Presidents Day math activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN.
These February math challenges & brainteasers have engaging seasonal themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
You'll be set for THE WHOLE MONTH with 26 math printables + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for math centers, homework, fast finishers, small groups, number talks, Zoom meetings, math enrichment contracts, seasonal classroom activities, or whole class problem solving.
February themes include: Valentine's Day, winter sports, candy, Groundhog Day, The Oscars, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and hundreds day.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- 2010 Medal Count (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding and subtracting 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- 2014 Medal Count (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding and subtracting 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Candy Combinations (Combinations of 2, organizing data)
- Choco Combos (Combinations of 3, organizing data)
- Punxsutawney’s Predictions (Guess and check, 2-digit addition)
- Washington’s Days in Office (Calendar math, 2 and 3-digit addition, organizing data)
- Lincoln’s Days in Office (Calendar math, 2 and 3-digit addition, organizing data)
- Oscar Engravings (Addition, subtraction, multiplication)
- Oscar Weight (Addition with halves, division, weight)
- Valentine Box - Perimeter (Logical thinking, addition, perimeter, guess and check)
- Valentine Box - Area (Logical thinking, addition, area, guess and check)
- Hundreds Day Project (Multiplies of ten, multiplication, division)
- Groundhog Time (Elapsed time, addition and subtraction with minutes and hours)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Groundhog Math #1 (Sums and differences with numbers to 20, doubling and tripling numbers)
- Groundhog Math #2 (Sums, differences, products, and multiples with numbers to 50)
- Oscar Screenings (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Heart Shaped Boxes (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Winter Athletes (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- You’ve Got Mail (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Valentine Cards (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Hundreds Day 100 Equations Challenge (Basic arithmetic using digits 1 and 0)
- LOVE Logic Puzzle #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- LOVE Logic Puzzle #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- HEARTS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- WINTER Sports Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- LOVE & HUGS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like:
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!