Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.91 MB | 18 pages
Valentine's Day Math Mystery: Case Of The Heartbreak Hitman. Engage and motivate your Grade 4 students while they use a variety of math skills in these NO PREP worksheets to help solve a crime!
A villain is on the loose, known as the Heartbreak Hitman, shooting people all over town with a magic arrow that makes hearts turn dark. This is causing friendships to fall apart and couples to break up when they really didn’t want to; now so many people are sitting alone on this day feeling depressed and broken hearted. A great math detective is needed to help solve this case!
In this Valentine's Day math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Valentine's Day Mystery Story “Case of The Heartbreak Hitman”
- Possible Suspects List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1: Adding and Subtracting Fractions (with like denominators, reducing answers required)
- Clue 2 : Area of rectangles/squares (apply the formula)
- Clue 3 : Ordering Large Numbers (4-digit to 6-digit numbers)
- Clue 4 : Prime Numbers
- Clue 5 : Time - Work out the end time
- A suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case by discovering who the Heartbreak Hitman is.