PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
3.54 MB | 23 (including color/black & white versions and answer keys) pages
Valentine's Day Math: This is a set of 5 highly engaging, rigorous, no prep math problem solving tasks for Valentine's Day.
The problems are high-interest and designed to really challenge students to use critical thinking and problem solving skills. Keep your students engaged in meaningful work (that requires no prep on your part) during an exciting and distracting holiday!
This set is best suited for 4th grade - 5th grade students, as well as high 3rd graders.
• Weighing Sweet Treats ("Brain Buster" problem involving algebraic reasoning)
• Be My Valentine Logic Problem
• Chocolate Truffle Recipe (incorporates simple multiplication and division of fractions)
• Lollipop-a-Looza (mystery number problem)
• The Lovely Little Card Shop (multiple page/multiple task problem involving real-world application of multiplication and reasoning skills to determine revenues, profits, etc.)
• COLOR AND BLACK AND WHITE VERSIONS OF ALL TASKS
• Answer Keys for Each Task
These tasks are designed to be tough, but accessible, and will help build perseverance and stamina.