Also included in
- Enrich your February Music classes with these original and creative music lesson resources with TEACHING VIDEOS. Diverse learning opportunities with games, Kodaly and Orff applications, concert songs, worksheets, playing instruments using this all in one bundle for K-6 music class lessons. February$25.88$28.75Save $2.87
- Distance Learning MaterialsElementary Music Class curriculum with lessons and activities for the entire school year. Orff, Kodaly, Standards based music lessons for grades K-6. Imagine having music lessons for the entire school year for the general music classroom? With the$323.32$359.25Save $35.93
- Distance Learning Materials!Elementary music teachers need a core set of materials for their general music classes. The YEAR LONG MUSIC LESSON BUNDLE provides an interactive music curriculum with lessons, songs, chants, activities, games, classroom management and decor for the entire year! Lessons$359.55$399.50Save $39.95
This catchy VALENTINE'S DAY SONG can help you teach notes, solfege and rhythm throughout the month of February. Video lesson includes sound files to practice each part and sing and sign. Perfect for Valentine's Day lessons and Music Programs with Mp3 tracks included. Adaptable music lesson materials for K-3 General Music Class.
*Please listen to the Video preview for a sample of the audio files.
- Note Reading
- Quarter, Eighth, Quarter Rest
- Vocal and Karaoke Mp3 Tracks. The Accompaniment sounds like an "Orff" arrangement so that the students can mimic the sounds they hear in the recording when they play their own instruments.
- Teaching Video
- Mp3 Practice Tracks
- Presentation and PDF
- I Can Statements
- KODALY teaching pages for Do-Mi-So-La-Do
- Solfa Street/hand signs and sight singing
- Lyric Sheet –color and black and white to color
- ORFF ARRANGEMENT:
- Note Names-scale sheet, sheet music with note names.
- Melody-Bass-Ostinato rhythmic and melodic teaching pages practice & sheet music
- Color Notes sheet music for Melody and Bass
- I Can Statements: Sing a Melody, Play a Melody, Play Ostinato
- Worksheet with do mi so la song writing.
- Worksheet with song lyrics to color the Notes.
- Movement Directions
- Mp3 Vocal and Karaoke Tracks
TEACHING IDEA SEQUENCE:
- WEEK 1 Tap Rhythms and Sight sing the Solfege
- WEEK 2 Sing the Lyrics
- WEEK 3 Play the melody and experiment with Ostinato
- WEEK 4 Add in the BASS and OSTINATO parts
Best for K-3.
- K-color the lyric sheet and sing for Dad and Mom
- 1-2 can fill in the solfege heart notes and sing the song.
- 3- can create their own Valentine's Day song.
- Or use a combination of the printables for any grade.
- If you want to use for grade 4-they could play the song and make up some new lyrics.
USE THIS RESOURCE:
The composition sheet works well for students because they are easy to use.
Use as a concert song. Sing the song with Vocal and Accompaniment Tracks.
Comes with Movement Idea for Lesson or Performance, includes 3 Printable practice sheets for Solfege and Composition Activity with Lyric Coloring Sheet.
This is my favorite song to teach in February. The rhythm of the song is catchy and my students like the movements with the song.
We enjoy playing the song and other singing with movement for a mini performance for the teacher at the end of class.
When I perform this song we accompany ourselves. First graders can do the whole arrangement.
MORE FEBRUARY MUSIC EDUCATION RESOURCES:
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
Want a Freebie every month? Subscribe to my Website Newsletter.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH ME HERE:
Let's Move and Learn with Music