Valentine's Day Non-Fiction Article
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
My students found the history of Valentine's Day very interesting! I really liked how there were two versions - a modified and regular version to support different learners in the classroom.
Also included in
- Help bring more diversity into your classroom with this holidays around the world in this non-fiction articles bundle. This resource contains 13 high-interest non-fiction articles and post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep, and cross-curricular learning.Price $34.99Original Price $44.00Save $9.01
- Article of the Week Full Year Mega Bundle | PDF and Digital: This resource contains 44 high-interest non-fiction articles and 41 non-fiction-aligned graphic organizers. Each article contains 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension and standardized test prep. This resource contPrice $115.00Original Price $144.00Save $29.00
Help students learn about the historical origins of Valentine's Day with this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article (regular and modified versions) and 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension and cross-curricular learning. This article is also found in this Valentine's Day Unit.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages as well as Google Slides formatted lessons to use with online tools such as Google Classroom.
- 1 Non-Fiction Article (regular & modified versions)
- 2 Audio Files (MP3) - 1 for each article
- 1 Pre-Reading Activity (K-W-L chart)
- 3 Post-Reading Activities (comprehension questions, grammar questions, and long answer writing)
- Print & Digital Formats
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Answer Key
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- “This was a great article to use the week leading up to Valentine's Day for my 6th graders. I am a huge fan of the Article of the Week approach to teaching Non-Fiction texts, and this article didn't disappoint.”
- “My students loved the information and the different question types. Thank you!”
- “Thanks for a great resource”
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
Additional Engaging Valentine’s Day Resources
Included with rubric
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.