Valentine's Day Paper Circuits STEM Activity for Middle School
Also included in
- Middle schoolers can be a tough crowd. Are you struggling to keep your middle school students engaged in rigorous STEM learning? You can promote critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills by teaching the engineering design process with these engaging STEM challenges! EacPrice $51.94Original Price $74.20Save $22.26
- It is a challenge to keep students engaged when the weather is changing and holidays are around the corner. If you are struggling to keep your students’ attention and get to the end of the period, you are not alone! Now imagine having exciting, middle school STEM challenges on hand to keep your studPrice $38.67Original Price $55.25Save $16.58
Are you looking for the perfect Valentine's Day STEM activity? Do you need a way to keep your students engaged in between February holiday celebrations? This exciting paper circuits design challenge is sure to keep your students' interest.
In this February STEM challenge, your students learn the historical origins of exchanging cards with friends and loved ones on Valentine's Day. Then they watch a short video on how electricity flows through circuits and another video on how to make a paper circuit using copper tape, an LED bulb, and a 3V button battery. Finally, your students will apply their new knowledge to design, build, and test their own light up Valentine's Day cards!
Grab this February STEM challenge today so you can take a break from planning and know your students will still be learning and having fun while you enjoy your own holiday plans!
This Valentine's Day STEM activity includes:
- PDF, Google, and Easel versions of the student project packets
- Background videos for students to learn about electricity and how to make paper circuits with the suggested supplies (LED light bulbs, button batteries, and copper tape or aluminum foil)
- Detailed teacher notes that include suggestions for facilitating the project during in-person, distance, and hybrid learning
- A slideshow to assist with synchronous or asynchronous lesson facilitation
- A rubric for easy grading
- End-of-project celebration certificates
Materials needed for the Valentine's Day STEM activity:
- Printed or digital copies of the student project packet
- 3 MM LED light bulbs
- Copper tape or aluminum foil
- 3V button batteries
- Art supplies for decorating the cards
How can the February STEM challenge be used in your classroom?
- Keep students learning and engaged throughout the week of Valentine's Day or before your February break
- Use the challenge to keep students on task when you have unusual schedules or low attendance due to field trips, testing, assemblies, or other interruptions
- Give your students practice with problem solving using the engineering design process
- Introduce real-world STEM disciplines and professions
- Give students an opportunity to develop their 21st century skills, such as communication, collaboration, and critical thinking
- Assign the resource for extra credit, a holiday break packet, or an extension activity
Did you know you can earn credit towards future TPT purchases by leaving a review? If you download this product, please come back and leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TPT.
If you liked this product, check out:
Stay in Touch!