Valentine’s Day Reader's Theater ~ Valentine’s Day Reader's Theater includes three stories for students to practice their fluency, expression, and oral reading skills. This product includes three stories about Valentine’s Day topics. The first story is about 3 chocolate candies waiting to be bought for Valentine’s Day (self-esteem theme). The second story is about a conversation between a mom and son and his hesitation about his school Valentine’s Day party. The third story is about a conversation between Cupid and Love (loving yourself theme).
• The characters/readers’ parts are highlighted in different colors (there is also a version that is unlighted to save on colored ink if you choose).
• This activity would be ideal to practice Daily 5's Listen to Reading and Read to Someone components.
• This activity is ideal for 1st to 2nd grade students. Older grade level students (3-4th) that are below grade level could utilize this product as well.
• Embedded in the scripts is the potential to practice identification of contractions AND pronunciation of multisyllabic words with pronunciation tools.
• This product includes 3 Discussion Questions for each story that students can answer and discuss as a group or individually after reading each story/script.
• This product includes lesson ideas (anticipatory set, direct teach, guided practice and independent practice).
• This product also comes with printable character/puppet images that you could attach to wooden craft sticks or brown paper bags. Enjoy!
Note~ Stories are duplicated for personal preference (Color version and Black/White version)....32 pages reflects the duplication.
Valentine’s Day Reader's Theater ~ Valentine’s Day Reader's Theater ~ Valentine’s Day Reader's Theater