Valentine's Day STEM Challenge Zip Line
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Oh my goodness, elementary students love Valentine's Day so much! Let's take advantage of that and stay engaged in learning at the same time. This trio of STEM Challenges is perfect for your class to stay busy and have some fun, too!Please note: This package contains three challenges. Each may be puPrice $8.50Original Price $10.50Save $2.00
- Are you looking for STEM Challenges that will fill your entire year? This seasonal bundle has it all! Perfect STEM Challenges for each month of the school year. This money-saving bundle will give you three challenges per month.This is all you will need to get started in STEM - with exciting, engaginPrice $75.00Original Price $105.00Save $30.00
This is a kid-favorite STEM Challenge all about Valentine’s Day! That is already exciting enough, but this one also features a zip line! This challenge is not just for Valentine’s Day! I included teacher directions, a lab sheet, and photos to adapt this for Christmas time!
This challenge can be purchased as part of money-saving bundles!
What is the challenge?
In this challenge, students will use materials to make a carrier for a Valentine’s Day gift. The carrier will have to fly down a zip line holding the gift that is being delivered. The zip line as a delivery method is just part of the fantastic gift! Students have to build the gift carrier, a way to attach the carrier to the zip line, and decorate it to be given as a gift. In the end, each group will share its gift box and demonstrate how it flies down the zip line to be delivered in a most unique way.
NOTE: This challenge is labeled as a challenge for Valentine's Day. However, you can use this at any time of the year. Just have students deliver a different object as a gift. IDEAS: Mother's Day. Father's Day, Halloween, or Christmas. Use the editable form to change the constraints and requirements and the possibilities are endless!
What is your prep?
You will need supplies in addition to this package. This includes copy paper, cardstock, construction paper, masking tape, straws, craft sticks, binder clips, paper clips, string, fishing line, and an item to use as the gift being delivered on the zip line.
The package specifically includes:
- Teacher background
- Materials and preparation page
- 5 pages of teacher directions
- Constraints list
- Bonus page of trivia questions about Valentine’s Day with an answer key
- 4 pages of photographs
- Student lab sheet
- Also included are directions, photos, a lab sheet, and constraints for use at Christmas time!
- Student answer sheets are not included, but samples from student work are included in the teacher direction pages.
- The page count listed for this package includes everything.
- And there is even more! You will also find a scoring rubric that will work for either form of the challenge and an editable file that contains all the forms!
- AND MORE! An idea page and generic forms for using this challenge at any time of year are included.
This challenge will need 1 class session to complete. We completed it in one hour.
You might also enjoy these Valentine's Day Resources:
- Valentine's Day Puzzle Pack Grades 3-5
- Valentine's Day Escape Room (locks and boxes)
- Escape the Candy Factory (no locks)
- STEM Challenge Bow and Arrow
- STEM Challenge Candy Box
- Valentine's Day STEM Challenges Bundle
- Valentine's Day Print and Read
- Valentine's Day Printable and Digital Reading
- Valentine Math Print and Solve Gr. 3
- Valentine Math Print and Solve Gr. 4
- Valentine Math Print and Solve Gr. 5
- Valentine's Day Boom Cards
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!