This is a fun Receptive and Expressive Language pack for Speech Therapy that has something for everyone on your caseload this Valentine's Day! It has a variety of activities for students with varying levels of abilities, and targets a variety of goals! Most items are quick prep, and can just be printed and laminated if you wish! This product contains the following items:
1. Valentine Verb Tenses (1 worksheet)- Read the Valentine's Day Themed Story and fill in the blank with the correct verb tense (past, present, future).
2. February Temporal Directions (1 worksheet): Practice Following Temporal Directions with concepts "First, Next, Last, Before, After" with this fun calendar activity! Just print, laminate, and use with a dry-erase marker for a fun activity that can be used over and over!
3. Mixed Wh- Questions Following a Short Story- 5 short, 2-sentence stories on Valentine's Day themed task cards; each story has 5 follow-up comprehension questions to work on answering mixed wh- questions and listening for details. (25 questions total)
4. Identifying Same & Different (19 task cards) -Practice the important concept of "same/different" with your students. First identify whether objects are the same or different. Then practice describing and/or comparing/contrasting skills to state WHY the objects are the same or different. This is a fun Holiday activity for language groups!
5. Inference from a Short Passage (11 task cards) -11 short, Valentine's Day based passages to read with your student and follow-up inference questions
6. Problem Solving Social Scenarios (5 task cards)-5 Valentine's Day Themed problem solving scenarios to read to your student. After reading, there are 3 questions to answer about each problem: How does the character feel, What is the SIZE of the problem, and What should the character do next?
7. Following Conditional Directions (14 task cards) 14 fun conditional directions with Valentine's Day themed cards!
Visual Aids are also included to help your student determine the size of the problem!
8. Synonym & Antonym Activity (2 worksheets)- Match the words to their synonym or antonym. There is one worksheet for each. When your student is finished matching, see if they can produce an antonym or synonym for the given word on their own.
9. Listening For Details BINGO Boards (5 boards)- 5 different color coded boards that are great for Speech Therapy small groups! Just print, laminate and use bingo chips or a dry erase marker to cover!
10. Listening For Details Calling Cards (24)- Students must listen carefully as you read each item to identify the item with the correct attributes! This is a fun game that is great to work on listening for details, adjectives, and describing!
*Listening for Details BINGO can also be purchased/viewed on its own through this link:
11. Valentine's Day WHAT & WHERE Questions: 4 simple "what" questions and 4 simple "where" questions based on pictures with visual choices for answers. Perfect for little learners!
12. Valentine's Day Read & Follow Directions: (2 worksheets) Practice following directions with sequential, temporal, and conditional concepts!
13. Bake Sale Following Directions with Prepositions & Answering WH- Questions: Practice following directions using spatial concepts over, under, in front of, and on top of using this bright colorful bake sale board, baked good manipulatives, and visual strips to help with comprehension! After your student follows the direction to put each item in the correct place on the board, answer the mixed WH questions about the scene. Visual choices are included for each question.
14. Hearts Color by Category: (2 worksheets) Read each item in the heart and color it according to which group it belongs to.
Happy Valentine's Day!