Valentine's Day Unit
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
Well planned out and easy to use. I didn't use all resources, and like that there is lots to choose from.
This was an engaging and well thought out unit. Very user friendly, self explanatory, and students were engaged throughout. Made life so much easier, in a difficult time !
Celebrate Valentine's Day with your middle school students. This unit contains 5 different activities that will help reinforce your students' reading, writing, and creativity skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Valentine's Day traditions, prepare for a Valentine's Day discussion about current customs and exercise their creative writing skills.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Lesson 1: History of Valentine's Day Video & Reading
- Lesson 2: Valentine's Day Opinion Writing
- Lesson 3: Valentine's Day Opinion Fishbowl Discussion & Paragraph Assignment
- Lesson 4: Valentine's Day Creative Choice Board Assignment
- Lesson 5: Valentine's Day Creative Writing Assignment
- Digital and Print Lesson Formats
- Detailed Unit Plan
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- Assessment Rubrics (Levels & Points-Based)
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit.
- The internet must be able to access online video sources.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
- “Great resource; my Grade 7/8 students enjoyed this unit!”
- “These were fun activities to do with the students. I liked the options for colour or black and white as well as Canadian/American versions.”
- “Fishbowl discussion was great!”
- “Great product. Loved the 2 choice boards, as I have a split. My students loved the fishbowl discussion.”
- “Very user-friendly. My students liked the variety of creative writing prompts. I enjoyed the pre-made rubrics that were easy to use and adapt.”
- “I just started this unit today and both of my 7th grade ELA classes had a great discussion with lots of participation.”
Additional Engaging Valentine’s Day Resources
Related Holiday Resources
Included with rubric
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.