45+ word problems task cards
and game board with a valentine theme. The first 15 problems use numbers to 10 (CCSS K.OA.A.2). The next 15 problems use numbers to 20 (CCSS 1.OA.A.1). The final 15 are the same problems with blanks for the numbers, allowing for endless possibilities. (CCSS 2.OA.A.1) These problems are perfect for grades K – 2 since you choose the actual numbers for each problem according to your students’ needs. If they are laminated you can easily use an EXPO marker to change from one-digit to two-digit problems. Differentiation couldn't be easier!
Actual size of each task card: 5 in. x 4 in.
(4 task cards per page)
Problem Types Include:
• Add To: Result Unknown
• Take From: Result Unknown
• Add To: Change Unknown
• Take From: Change Unknown
• Add To: Start Unknown
• Take From: Start Unknown
• Put Together/Take Apart: Total Unknown
• Put Together/Take Apart: Addend Unknown
• Put Together/Take Apart: Both Addends Unknown
• Compare: Difference Unknown (How many more?)
• Compare: Difference Unknown (How many fewer?)
• Compare: Bigger Unknown (more)
• Compare: Bigger Unknown (fewer)
• Compare: Smaller Unknown (more)
• Compare: Smaller Unknown (fewer)
(This packet includes all the problem types listed in the Common Core for common addition and subtraction situations and are similar to Cognitively Guided Instruction).
Print out the task cards on cardstock or laminate for durability and use them to:
• Play “I Spy” or "Scoot"
• Small Group Instruction
• Math Rotations/Centers
• Morning Work or Daily Practice
• Early Finisher Work
• RTI or Special Education Students
• Math Game
Included in this resource:
• 15 Task Card Word Problems with blanks for the numbers
• 15 Task Card Word Problems with numbers to 10
• 15 Task Card Word Problems with numbers to 20
• Answer Sheet for Students
• Answer Key
• Suggestions for how to use this resource
•Title Task Cards for organization
Other available word problem task cards include:
Word Problem Task Cards Bundle
St. Patrick's Day
Back to School
Earn FREE or Discounted Products:
By leaving feedback on your purchases, you can earn credits that will save you money on future TpT products!
1. Just go to your “My Purchases” page, click on “Provide Feedback.”
2. Leave a rating and comment for the product.
3. Earn credits to save you money on your next TpT purchase!
Be the first to know about sales, freebies and new products:
Click on the green star that says “Follow Me” to become a follower!