Sweeten up your first grade math centers with these Valentine themed task cards. Practice solving basic addition and subtraction story problems to 20, with unknowns in all positions. These word problem cards work well in math stations or guided math groups. QR Code cards are also included for students to easily self-check their work when complete.
A variety of recording sheets can also be used for homework or quizzes. For independent practice students can create their own word problems using the mini books. Differentiated versions are included for those who need support with writing.
I have included my Problem Solving routine mini anchor chart as a freebie with this download. Help students remember the process by incorporating movement and repetition.
- 12 Colorful Valentine Word Problem Cards (for centers)
- Recording Sheets (color & blackline)
- 2 Worksheet pages for homework or quizzes (using the same word problems as reinforcement)
- 2 Answer Keys for easy correcting
- QR Code Cards for self-checking
- Problem Solving Mini Anchor Chart
- Valentine Word Problem Mini Book
Be sure to check out the preview for better details.
Common Core Alignment: 1.OA.1-Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems with unknowns
K's Classroom Kreations
Need more word problems?
Safari Word Problems
Winter Word Problems
Ultimate 1st Grade Word Problem Bundle
Click below for another way to practice addition this Valentine season:
Valentine Making 10