Also included in
- Help your reluctant writers with this engaging writing prompts resource. Included in this year-long narrative writing BUNDLE are 11 unique writing centers. These writing centers include writing prompts for Christmas and Hanukkah, Winter, Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, Spring, School Theme, Fall,$24.00$48.00Save $24.00
This Valentine's Day writing activity will motivate even your most challenged writers. It provides CHOICE and includes the TOOLS and GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS necessary to plan and write great Valentine's Day narrative stories. Your students will love completing this Valentine’s Day writing activity independently or in a center.
They will select the setting, problem/plot, and character cards for their story which allows each student to create their own unique Valentine's narrative. No more having each student respond to the exact same writing prompt! I wrote this unit for primary students, but it can be used with students in grades 1-5.
This Valentine’s Day writing activity includes:
- A slideshow on how to write a Valentine's Day story
- A poster about the elements of a Valentine's Day Story
- Setting, character, problem, and items cards
- Charts for transitions and sensory words
- Graphic organizers for story map, story summary, and sensory words
- Valentine’s writing word lists
- Checklist for your story
- Winter papers to write stories on
- Print AND digital versions of everything
WHAT ARE TEACHERS SAYING…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I absolutely love all of these themed story writing cards and so do my kids!” - Brittany B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I love how much was included in this product! So helpful!” - Learning and Loving It
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Great idea and excited to use this with my students. Love the problems and ideas for settings and characters.” - Nicole J.
Students often struggle with writing because they are told to just “start writing.” The graphic organizers included will allow the students to think about their stories and plan before they actually begin writing. There is also a writing checklist so students can make sure they have all the necessary elements in their story before they submit the final product.
TIP: Do not put out all the cards at any one time in the center. Too much choice is overwhelming, especially for younger students. There are enough cards so you can put out a few each week. I would select 6-8 problem cards at any one time to put out.
*PLEASE NOTE: The digital versions of the files are store on Google™ Drive and formatted as Google™ Slides. You will need a Google™ Classroom or Google™ Drive account to access these files. There is a PDF file included in the download with links to the three files. You will click on each link. A page will appear that allows you to make a copy of the file to your Google™ account.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Snowflake Bentley Literature Guide
- Winter Logic Puzzles
- Build a Snowman Interactive Math Games
- Would You Rather? Free Winter Activity
© Susan Morrow This purchase is for single classroom use only. Sharing this resource with multiple teachers, an entire school, or an entire school system is strictly forbidden. Multiple licenses are available at a discount.
Remember to always … Keep 'em Thinking!