Valentine's Day Writing - Using traditional Valentine's Day Candy/Conversation Hearts and Valentine Vocabulary, students create an original short story or poem. My students have always LOVED this unique and fun writing or poetry assignment. Great for literacy centers, creative writing, group work and it is easily adaptable to different age groups. *Activity can be used with real candy conversation hearts or using the paper conversation hearts I have included.
Includes the following worksheets:
- Instruction page for teachers with lesson ideas
- Assignment sheets for BOTH a poem and a short story
- 40 "candy hearts" in two sizes to use for the assignment (40 of each size)
- Poetry brainstorming sheet
- Short Story brainstorming sheet
- 3 pages of Valentine themed writing paper.
- Story rubric
- Poetry rubric
Part of my Valentine’s Day Pack—click the link below to check it out!
Valentine’s Day Pack—ELA Activities>
Check out more Valentine’s Day themed activities by clicking the links below.
Valentine’s Day Poetry, Puzzles and Writing Activities
Interview With Cupid—Valentine’s Day Writing Activity
Valentine’s Day Poetry Bookmarks
(C) Addie Williams, Addie Education