This is a creative writing activity that is super fun for Valentine’s Day, but could be taught any time during the year. This writing project will walk students through the writing process as they choose someone they love to write about. There are 11 lessons all tied to the Common Core State Standards.
Included in this unit are:
* Mini lesson statements and descriptions for each lesson.
* Common Core State Standards for each lesson.
* Prewriting graphic organizing worksheets to help develop a main topic, brainstorm, create a timeline for memories, and organize a beginning, middle, end. Each graphic organizer is available in color and black & white.
* Lined writing paper with love-themed borders for first drafts and final copies in color and black and white.
* Teacher record-keeping/observation form for taking notes during the writing conferences.
* Revising checklist for self-revising, peer-revising, and teacher-revising.
* Editing checklist for self-editing, peer-editing, and teacher-editing.
* Illustrating pages with love backgrounds.
* A grading rubric based on the minilesson writing strategies taught. The points/grade are left blank on the rubric for you to fill in your own grading scale.