In this Valentine's Day themed divergent thinking game, students will put their brains to work! Based on the four types of divergent thinking, the game cards require students to name as many items as they can in a category in one minute, for a game totaling about 20 minutes.
Categories include literature, math, and science.
- 18 game cards for each one-minute round
- 16 notepads for students to record their answers
Types of thinking students will use are:
1. Fluency (as many ideas as possible)
2. Flexibility (varied ideas)
3. Originality (unique ideas)
4. Elaboration (adding ideas to existing ones)
This is a great game to begin or end a lesson, a fantastic way to practice spelling and vocabulary, and a good springboard to add your own ideas and game cards!
This is also a wonderful ESOL resource to help students expand their English vocabulary and word choice.