Learn how to make an Origami Bat for Valentine’s Day (“I am Batty About You”). These Origami Bats are perfect as decorations, but can also be used as bookmarks or can be added to greeting cards. A great 3 for 1 craft.
Introducing basic origami skills, whilst making a practical craft and encouraging reading and following instructions. This Valentine's Bat is a perfect activity as a classroom Valentine's Gift project too – it can be gifted as a card or bookmark. Basic Valentine's Bat examples are provided and students are encourage to develop their own ideas, color schemes and designs.
* 1 Page Lesson Plan overview for teachers
* 1 page worksheet printable for students
* Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
* Reading skills & following instructions
* Looking at symmetry & shapes
* Seasonal activity
* Square paper in desired color (6 x 6 inches is nice)
* Scrap paper for decorating (white, pink, red)
* Card stock if making cards
* Glue stick
We have many more great Paper Valentine's Day Crafts on the website!